Alnwick Cricket Club aims to provide opportunities to all young people to experience and enjoy the game of cricket.
Alnwick Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. It is important that
members, coaches, administrators, parents, carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Members are encouraged to be open at all times. Share any concerns or complaints you have about any aspect of the Club with Paul Humphreys, Welfare Officer, Kyle Hollingworth, Chairman, or any Team Manager or Club Coach.
As a Junior member of Alnwick Cricket Club abide by the following code of conduct and Club rules as well as the rules of the game of cricket.
Respect officials and their decisions. If we recommend you to attend coaching or competitions beyond Alnwick Cricket Club, please act as an ambassador for the Club at all times.
Accept a disciplinary suspension or player ban if these rules are broken:
• You may not join in training or matches without completing an annual registration form, signed by your parent or legal guardian. Please update us with any changes to these contact details or health issues.
• Parents/carers of U9s must remain in close proximity at training and at matches.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
• Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform the coach or team manager if you are going to be late or need to leave early or have difficulty with transport.
• Wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager; be prepared for changing weather when playing outdoors.
• Pay fees for membership (currently £30 or £20 for siblings), indoor training or events promptly. Please note: if selected to play for senior sides there will be match and tea fees due on the day, currently £8 per game.
• You are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or illegal substances of any kind on ACC premises OR whilst representing the Club at other venues.
• Take responsibility for all personal kit/belongings- put your name on it; look after Club kit and return it.
• Respect your opponents and offer visitors hospitality at your club. Respect other venues you visit.
• If selected to play for senior sides arrive dressed ready to take to the field, as separate changing facilities will not be available.
• If selected to play for senior sides please advise the senior team captain if a parent/guardian is not attending the game. Be prepared for a long day and unpredictable finish time.
• No parent/guardian may consent for a junior player to bat or keep wicket without a helmet or personal protection. Helmets are strongly recommended by Alnwick Cricket Club for close fielding, during practice or matches.
• You are most welcome to use clubhouse facilities although there may be other bookings that clash with Junior events. Players have full responsibility for their belongings and the state of the clubhouse and changing rooms when they receive visiting teams or after training. Take time to clean up and check areas before leaving.
• Please note and observe ACC policies, for example, for use of Social Media, use of Changing Rooms, for Photography