The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below:
All volunteers must
• Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with Junior Players, based on mutual trust and respect
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of participants
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the ECB, the national governing body and the Club
• Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
• Never exert undue influence over Junior Players to obtain personal benefit or reward
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances, such as alcohol, cigarettes or illegal drugs
• Be encouraged to work to a high standard and adopt recognised best practice by the Management Committee, including support for appropriate training at the Club’s cost Qualified Coaches
All Coaches must possess ECB approved and up to date coaching qualifications, be first aid trained, have undergone DBS checks and attend child protection courses. Coaches should be up to date members of ECB Coaches Association (ECB CA).
Public liability is included in your Club membership fee.
Coaches should possess ECB CA insurance.
All equipment (surfaces, structures, bats and personal protection playing equipment) must be checked prior to commencing coaching practices or games and a risk assessment completed. This includes personal items of equipment purchased by Parents/Carers/Players. If unfit for purpose, do not permit use.
Details of procedures and copies of the Incident/Accident Reports are situated in the Office/Umpire’s Room together with a First Aid kit.
In the event of an incident / accident an Incident Report must be completed. An additional First Aid Kit is in the labelled kitchen cupboard.
Alnwick C.C. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. It is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/carers associated with the club should, at all times, show respect, be encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints they may have about any aspect of the club to members of the Management Committee.
Alnwick Cricket Club Policies
Please note and observe ACC policies, for example, for use of Social Media, use of Changing Rooms, for Photography and for Transport, that apply to all members, supporters, parents/carers, Junior and Senior players.
JUNIOR REGISTER – Contact details and Medical requirements
The Junior Register containing full membership details of our Junior players is held in the filing cabinet in the Office/Umpire’s Room. It contains contact details and certain medical details that we need to be aware of.
All Coaches and Team Managers have access to this filing cabinet. A spare key is on the keyboard in case of emergency.
JUNIOR REGISTER – Coaching sessions and Match Days
The elected Coach or Team Manager for each coaching session or match will take a register of those Junior players attending.