Inclusion & Diversity Policy
Alnwick Cricket Club is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, to ensure that our members and all other individuals working or volunteering for the Club, and participating in or watching the Club’s activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
Alnwick Cricket Club
• will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
• will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals either in person or indirectly or via social media
• will try to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and are lawfully eligible to participate, in its activities.
• will ensure it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
• Officers and Management Committee fully support this policy and accept responsibility for implementation and monitoring.
• is committed to the investigation of any claims brought to its attention, of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be the case.
How to make a report to Alnwick Cricket Club:
• any member, volunteer, participant or spectator that feels they have suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation should report the matter in writing to Mike Blackburn, Welfare Officer or to Paul Humphreys, Deputy welfare Officer
• include details of who acted inappropriately; what occurred; when and where the it took place; any witness details and copies of any witness statement or other evidence.
What will happen?
• Officers will review the report and:
• may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing;
• may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case;
• may take action to impose any one or more of the following sanctions against any person found to be in breach of any policy:
(a) warning as to future conduct
(b) suspend from membership
(c) exclusion from membership
(d) exclusion of a non-member from the facility, either temporarily or permanently or
(e) refuse a non-member’s current and/or future membership application; and
• provide both parties with written reasons for its decision within one month of the report being received.
• A party may appeal the Club’s decision by writing to the Northumberland County Cricket Board within 3 months of Alnwick Cricket Club’s decision being notified to that party.
• If the nature of the complaint is with regard to an Officer or a member of the management committee of Alnwick Cricket Club the complainant may make the complaint directly to Northumberland County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by Alnwick Cricket Club in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited. email@example.com